Thursday, January 21, 2010

I had White nail polish on my desk ( dark cherry wood desk) and the nail polish spilled can I remove the stain?

what sucks is I tried to take it off with nail polish remover forgetting it ruins the wood..then i tried polishing it with Pledge..the stain is there and i feel horrible PLEASE HELP!!I had White nail polish on my desk ( dark cherry wood desk) and the nail polish spilled can I remove the stain?
Nail polish remover is a good first step, if applied carefully with a Q-tip. Let the area dry overnight. Then apply a dark cherry wood stain, which you can buy from many large furniture stores; follow directions on the package. Polish with a dry soft cloth. You won't be able to exactly match the original finish, but it may be close enough that you can live with it. If not, you will have to refinish the entire top of the desk.I had White nail polish on my desk ( dark cherry wood desk) and the nail polish spilled can I remove the stain?
Calm down. It's not a huge deal. You'll just need to re-stain the top of the desk (stain only costs a few bucks a can, and is really easy to use). Take in a photo of your desk to a home improvement store, and explain the situation, they'll help you find the right stain, and explain how to use it. I've done the exact same thing, and it only took a few hours out of a Saturday to stain and dry. You can't even tell I did it now. And f your particularly wealthy (I am not), you can always hire a furniature restoration professional to fix it too.
Scrub with mineral spirits (odorless, unless you want it to smell bad.. lol ) The scrubbing wont be easy, it might take 10 mins or so.. After scrubbing spray the spot with hair spray and leave it on for about 30 secs then just wipe it off.





If that doesnt work, your gonna have to repolish/paint the table..


:/
All you can do now, is cover the stain with a pretty doilie.
You'll have to repaint your desk again. The nail polish remover has dissolved the top coat of your desk.
try nail polish remover/alcohol
you have to give touch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment